Dear Potential Certified Staff Member:
If you join the teaching staff of the Lima City Schools, you will be entitled to pay according to a negotiated salary schedule and a variety of benefits:
1. Sick leave at the rate of 1.25 days a month for 15 days per year, with total accumulation of number of days contracted for plus 60 days.
2. Severance leave pay plan upon retirement based on the current negotiated agreement in effect at the time of your retirement.
3. $50,000 of premium paid group term life insurance for each teacher.
4. Health coverage for each full-time teacher, either single, or family, available to all employees at a cost to the employee shared with Lima Board of Education. Prescription drug coverage is available with health plan. Effective date for new employees: first Day of contract.
5. Special liability insurance coverage for teachers including unintentional bodily injury or property damage, including liability arising from false arrest, libel, slander, deprivation of rights, etc. Limits of coverage are $1,000,000 for each claim and $3,000,000 in the aggregate, with actual coverage subject to policy terms and provisions.
6. Group dental insurance program available to all employees with costs shared with Lima Board of Education with maximum benefits each calendar year of $1,000 for most services and $1,000 lifetime limit on orthodontic services.
7. The opportunity to affiliate with a professional education association of the Lima City Schools through the Lima Education Association. Fair-share fees are mandatory by negotiated agreement.
8. Beneficial policies for salary improvement, leaves for personal, maternity and child care purposes; plus provisions to receive extra pay for a variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular duties as arranged through the building principal. These include adult evening school, athletics, dramatics, music, publications, etc.
9. The opportunity to work with one of the finest – if not the very finest – education families in all of Ohio.
If you are interested in a position with the Lima City Schools, please send a letter of interest and resume to Lima City Schools, Jill Ackerman, Superintendent, Human Resource Department, 755 St. Johns Ave., Lima, Ohio 45804.
Jill Ackerman, Superintendent
Ryan Stechshulte, Treasurer
Lima City Schools 755 St. Johns Avenue Lima OH 45804 Telephone: 419.996.3400 Fax: 419.996.3401